May 4, 2012

DIY Natural Eye Makeup Remover

So I pretty much do this when I have the little bit of extra time early morning to play up my eyes.  These days usually include weekends and date night (Fridays), so before I go to bed, I will take this little potion and lean up my eyes.  The best part is that it doesn't clog your pores nor have negative long term effects...in fact it's very beneficial for you skin round the eyes in the long run (wrinkles...*wink, wink) ;-)

WHAT YOU NEED:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Cotton balls



WHAT TO DO:
1.  Take some EVOO and add it onto your cotton ball that you will be using, keep an extra nearby just in case.  I used an empty spice jar from my spice rack in the kitchen in the meantime.  Remember that EVOO is delicate, so you never want to store too much, expose it to too much air, nor direct light.  It DOES effect it's potency (it will turn to plain old oil, which I'm not sure is good for your skin).
2.  Gently take the skin around your skin and start to wipe.  Whatever mascara and shadows you have on will come off, even the tough waterproof kind.
haha, you can see my puffy fingers here ( I'm 30 wks preggers)

Eyeliner and mascara, be gone!

Easy peasy, lemon squeesy!


3.  That's it! You're done.  Now, I usually let my skin soak up the EVOO for the rest of the night as an eye potion.  You can also follow up with your nighttime routine, but as you can see, I wash my face beforehand and end with this :-) ...all CLEAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...