Mar 14, 2011

What have I got to lose?

My last time typing before I leave....but I shall be back!
So, I am going to a trip towards Central America to go see a country called Guatemala.  The reason we're going as a family is because my husband's family ...um...wanted us to go with them.  So, of course, because of the news and warnings from that country I've seen and heard, I hesitated to giving in to going there.  It seems a good place to rob toursists and kinapping is common.  Not only that, but everything concerning the trip was done in a very different way I would've shared and planned things.  Well, my husband's family is from Guatemala and thus the main reason we're going too.  I know how things will pan out from the start of the trip, and I have to keep VERY humble and positive to enjoy everything.

First, we start out on Tuesday morning by driving to the Los Angeles Airport(LAX!!!!) in California (a 12hr drive on average, 10 hours if I drive, hehe), then we check-in our flight and wait 3 more hours.  Finally, our flight will take approximately 5 1/2 hours and we stay in Guatemala for the next 10 days, returning the 26th of March.  Finally, we drive yet again after making a few pit-stops with more family in California and get home sometime at night on the 26th or even morning of the 27th of March.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm exited to see a new place and people.  I love my roots as well as any person that appreciates their culture!  We do have to make quite a lot of adjustments since we're traveling with an infant (less than 2 years old) and so we have to be EXTRA cautious in letting him NOT eat anything and are packing meals for him.  He's not used to pre-made food, but he likes snacks and fruit so I hope he won't be too hungry all the time.  I know trips like this should be limited unless you're filthy rich or have a grand reserve somewhere in the bank, so I am grateful.  I would prefer not making the trip to save the money instead, but I didn't have much of a say...nor did anyone else except Hugo's parents for that matter and they are quite set in taking control(very common), which unburdens me from stressing about making plans.  So in that aspect, it's ok.  My goal in this trip is to have fun, to see a new place, to experience another country and it's people.  I've heard it's pretty poor there too, so I'll be even more grateful for what I have.  I know my boy won't remember a single thing because he's so small still, but I know he'll have fun too.  I'm also looking forward to some sun lovin'!!!!! The snow here in Utah is horribly paling to the skin and especially the legs....whoa!

I'm gonna really miss my piano students and my church calling with it's beautiful girls and leaders.  I will miss having a cell phone, but appreciate the time without electronics.  I will miss my mother and siblings who support me all the time and let me be me.  Oh, my mom needs a big kiss and hug too!  I will miss all my things here, though not much, but very much loved by me.  I shall continue packing and cleaning for now and I hope everything really goes well for us as a family.  I hope also that I can be myself and just enjoy the trip itself because I do have my wonderful boy with me and my husband.

Adieu, Adios, Bye-bye, Cherrio, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...