Nov 14, 2009

Our Engagement

On March 8th, a typical Saturday evening and outing for us both, Hugo took my sister and I out to look at some things while he went into Macy’s to pick up a suit he had ordered. He went up to the second floor while my sister and I walked through the kitchen and dinnerware departments. He came down sooner than I expected and empty handed. I had the funniest feeling in my stomach that made me want to smile very much, but I didn't know why. We again looked around, dropped off my sister home and headed out to visit a family well acquainted with him that come from Bolivia. It was very nice to sit and talk and while we did so I kept thinking to myself that it was getting late and the weather outside was chilly still. The family entertained us well and they just had wonderful smiles that made everything seem fine and pleasant. We said our goodbyes and as we headed to the car Hugo suggested we go take a walk in the park. I was exited because I just love the park, anytime of the day and anywhere! We pulled out to the side of the park and learned more about each other and our lives. Hugo luckily had a blanket in the backseat and covered me with it. We raced to the playground about 20 yards away and I'm very sure he let me beat him. There was no way I could have beaten him there with a blanket over me while thinking about how chilly it was! He told me to sit on the swing, and I did just that. I was out of breath and my face was getting numb, plus I think my nose was a little wet. As he swung me softly I kept looking up at the stars. They looked so clear and perfect I couldn't help but sigh at the painted scenery. All awhile Hugo was talking and his voice was just sort of steady, but nervous at the same time. He stopped the swaying by holding onto the chains and walked in front of me. He began to rush his words out and his sentences made no sense at all. He was using eloquent words, but they were jumbled all over the place. Finally he pulled out a small box and asked me again to marry him. He mustered up the sweetest words and seemed so true and complete it was easy to say YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...