Nov 14, 2009

How we met

We met more than 10 years ago in Bell Gardens, California. We both belonged to the same church ward and our families were well acquainted. He and I were childhood playmates, along with his cousins and I remember playing and just having a blast with them all. As we grew older we separated, his family moved away to another state...Utah! Though we never gave it too much thought, we had a lingering crush that persisted in renewing every time our families would meet again for friendly, yearly reunions.

I continued my journey through life as did he. Finally, I was old enough to move out for college, during which he prepared for an LDS mission and left in October of 2005. I began my courses and before he left to his mission we talked for just a bit as friends and I wished him the very best for the next two years to come. I knew he'd do great because he has always been a very lively person.

In 2006, my family decided to move out of California to my surprise. We then stationed our numerous little bodies in Utah, and for some reason, ended up in the same church building again with his family for Sundays. As we came here, I then transferred over to a closer academic institution and continued my Music Composite/Education Choral Major.

On October 9th of 2007, when I was literally trapped in what I like to call a love spell, struck by his charm and smile, his confidence and laugh, he came to me and asked to see me. I replied "no," but I felt different about what the answer should really be. We then dated and ended up together shortly after he audaciously told me how he felt...he's a very blunt person and I love that! Then, almost 12 years since we first met, we were married on October 1st, just a couple of days celebrating his year return from a mission and just in time for his brother to be back home from serving his own mission in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...