Jun 15, 2012

Taking it slow

This past half year has certainly been a very eventful part of our little family's life.  Let me list some highlights in the past months that we experienced:

January...We find out I'm pregnant...surprise! 17 weeks already with an IUD.
February..."It's a girl!" and my husband gets a call from California for a new job.
March...We leave Utah and I leave behind a wonderful group of Young Women (that I still pray for every night :'-/ ), but I had complete faith in our new journey in California.
April...Hubby's Birthday and we move out yet again into a new apartment. Got anemia again and IUD causes delicate pregnancy. New calling again in Young Women's organization.
May...Most painful month, couldn't even sit. Put on bed rest until I deliver. IUD falls out at end of month, which Doc totally reprimands me for because I removed it myself (totally dangerous, but I felt it almost out, so I went for it. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS, very PAINFUL and RISKY!).
June...1 month left til delivery! Most challenging month as I struggle to keep energized and start really bad contractions. Doc tells me she'd like to induce delivery after 35 weeks due to size and circumstances.

Well, we have had our ups and challenges, but it's been quite memorable and full of joyful news because we're expanding our family.  I've decided to let our little girl decide when she's ready to come to this world and not induce like recommended.  I've also decided to get a midwife this time for delivery and I'll be attempting to go as far as possible without any pain medication.  I want to try natural delivery and have been learning relaxation techniques of all sorts in the meantime.  Although delivering naturally is somewhat scary, I know it's possible and hope to have the strength when the time comes.

So, because of everything still going on and me needing more rest, I won't be able to blog as much as I wish I could.  I wish I could share so much more and do more, but as a mom I gotta learn to prioritize and manage my time appropriately.  I will sorely miss blogging while my boy naps and creating posts that helped inspire me to be better too.  I won't be gone for too long though.

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...