Apr 9, 2011

DSLR Poor Man's Ring Flash

So, as you may well know, I have become very attached to my camera and sometimes lament at the fact that accessorizing it is very, very expensive.  So, I've looked up ways of incorporating recycling and improving my images without all the editing needing to be done.  I found this great and very simple way of making my flash photography, which I seldom use, better and less harsh.  Well, it's more of a flash diffuser:
Can you guess what it's made of?????  Yeah, by far the cheapest way to diffuse a built-in flash.  Here are some pictures I took and see if you can see the difference.  None of these have been edited to see the real differences:



No flash, natural lighting from window.

Normal, built-in camera flash.

Flash diffuser.


If you want to make your own, follow Duncan's small tutorial and enjoy the softness, the non-red-eye nonsense, and overall aesthetic improvement of your indoor flash photography ;-)
Tratalo! Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...