Feb 11, 2011

Pizadillas

Well, I have been cooking this little entree ever since I was...about 12.  I loved making it for my brother sna sisters when I would babysit them (there were 8 of us) and so it was always a hit.

Now, I do it for my son too and it a great alternative to eating pizza or plain quezadillas.  Plus, if you cut your cheese just right, then each serving is only 14 grams of fat and 31g for your carbohydrates.  That really beats a pizza slice by a  mile and the taste...well, like my boy says,"yum, yum!"

YOU WILL NEED
Cheese ( I used cheddar because I was out of mozzarella, but mozzarella is healthier and if you're lactose intolerant, like me, then it has a smaller effect on your body.)
Tortillas
Spaghetti sauce, or Marinara (try buying the chunky kind with lots of veggies to get some consumption going)
Lunch meat or leftovers for "toppings", sliced very small (optional)
Aluminum Foil
Large cookie sheet pan
MAKE IT
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees feirinheit.  Cover your coookie sheet pan with aluminum foil.  Place as many tortillas can fit without touching each other and spoon sauce on top each one.  Make sure you're leaving space around the sauce in the tortillas or you'll create a mess later.
  2. Cut cheese and place on top of sauce.  I sliced my cheese thin, because a little goes a long way when it melts in the oven.  Keep everything relatively close to the edges, but not touching them.
  3. If you decided to cut meat for this, now is the time to add it.
  4. Place in oven for 5 minutes if you used cheddar cheese.  If you used mozarella, cook for 8 minutes.
  5. Remove and serve.  I cut my boy's like a real pizza, but had to finger-tear it even smaller for him, you can just bite into it.
This dish is more filling than it looks, so listen to your stomach, not your taste buds.  Besides, portion is what matters when you want to create good habits in your life.
WARNING: This is so delicious that you might be cooking lots if you have kids, so get ready to make plenty!  This is one tasty meal you know is actually good for your family's bodies.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...