Feb 2, 2011

Job updates for our FaMiLy

So, as I said earlier in some posts, Hugo is now sitting in a banker position at work.  He has been approved recently for another raise as well.  He has managed to be one of the top salesmen in his district and I'm proud of him! 

Most recently also, we all found out my family was moving back to California, the sunshine state.  Why?  Well, my father is a mechanic and he wasn't making as much as he needed to make here in Utah, with only most jobs being pure commission.  You have to know that I come from a family of 10 people!  I was the eldest of eight children and the youngest is now 4 years old.  That being said, my father got a call from his old boss in California offering him his old position back, no sales, no commission, just hourly pay and full benefits.  Of course, my father seized the opportunity and said YES.

Now, I tell the story of my family after talking about my husband because they are most definitely related since now we are considering moving out to California as well.  We are both Californians anyway, and I would love to live near the pacific ocean again!  I'm not too fond of living in winter snow and I've been in it for the past 4 1/2 years now.  I love my family too and having their loving support as I venture into motherhood and homemaking is beneficial and I get one-on-one advice on being wiser too.  There's no substitute for the friendship a mother can bring to a daughter learning about life.  So, Hugo has been applying for jobs in California as a transfer employee.  Not much success so far, considering all the applications he's submitted, but all of the reasons were because he doesn't live close now.  Most recently, he received an offer which he needs to go in person for an interview.  I'm exited, but since we have to work around what money we have available, we've decided on taking a small break to California until May.  I'm ecstatic!!!!  I can't even wipe the smile off my face thinking about it!  I hope everything works out well and that we just get what we need.

Oh, since I'm already on here: I will be posting simplified and healthy recipes every week.  I cook often, but posting daily would be very time consuming, and I tend to post only when my child is still sleeping or napping just so I can focus 100% :-)  I'm honestly just happy to be sharing with whomever wants to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...