Jan 31, 2011

It's been a while!

So, aside from making excuses of why I haven't gotten around to getting on here to write, I've really been making 2 other blogs!  One is for my music business and the other for exposing my photography and to reach potential clients.  I've been better at posting and updating things on facebook too.  It's been pretty intense around here with the my little boy growing up and just being so very active.  Well, so far, so good!  Still, cross your fingers.

Well, I was thinking a lot about my personal blog(this one) and thought to myself that I need to start sharing what I can make and create.  I'm a pretty culurally rich person as is because of my ethnicity, which I'm very proud of being a part of, and I can share so much of what my mother has taught me! I want to share it with everyone, so here goes! 

Keep in mind that I have tweeked these a bit to cut down on making things simpler and healthier in most cases.

First off, Mexican Chillaquilles!!!
YOU WILL NEED
Large non-stick squillet/pan
Pam Spray (or any non-stick)
Eggs (2 per person)
Tortillas (1 per egg)
Green Bell Pepper (about 1/3 of the whole veggie)
Tomatoe Sauce (Opt for a Organic Marinara)
Salt
Pepper
Mozarella Cheese
Cheddar Cheese
Cilantro (fresh or dried)

MAKE IT
  1. Set your pan to high heat and spray with the your cooking spray.
  2. If you are adding the green bell pepper, first sautee them lightly just enough for them to start releasing their aroma into the air and then add the eggs.  Scramble your eggs. I start with 6 because I'm feeding 3 people, including myself, of course :-)
  3. Once your eggs are halfway cooked, hand-shred your tortillas and throw them in with the cooking eggs.
  4. Stir them together.  Make sure your eggs stick to your tortillas strips.
  5. Add the sauce. Just eyeball it.  I would say about 1/2 a cup for every 2 eggs that you used if you really need a measurement.  If you're not using marinara, then add about 3 pinches of salt, or salt to taste.  Don't overdue it because you won't be able to tone it down later.  Add a dash of pepper too.
  6. Mix it all well, making sure nothing is sticking to skillet.  If it's starting to look dry, such as not juicy at all, then add 1/4 or so of water.  You want to keep those tortillas moist and not stiff and hardened. Soft, not saturated.
  7. Add the mozzarella cheese and cheddar, according to what you what you would like more of.  Again, eyeball it because this is going to melt into your dish.
  8. Stir ingredients continually especially now because you don't want your cheese to stich to the bottomw or start stiffening up or getting crispy. 
  9. Add your dried or fresh cilantro, this adds to the overall taste.  Now serve hot.
  10. I added taters because I like to eat this for breakfast with my little man and husband.
Buen Provecho!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...