Feb 9, 2011

I love Yoga!

I don't have any strict regime on working out, but one thing I always do to keep flexible and not get cramped is YOGA.  The best thing is that you can do it at home.

It's relaxing, calming, and gives me a sense of self-control when I get the chance to do it. I don't overdo it of course, but I try to keep at it 3 to 4 times a week, for about 20 to 30 minutes.  I have a DVD and follow along or just wing-it(not often though) since I've done this for a while now.  The most important thing is breathing and not quantity, but quality.  It improves my breathing control for singing too.  Start small and you'll see the increase of your flexibility soon too.  Here are some links for poses and why it's good for you:

Women's Health Magazine

Yoga for beginners, a practical guide

Try videos too and follow along:

You tube users: Yogatic(featured below), Yogabody777, and YogaYak.
Either way, look into it, I highly recommend it and please, talk to your doctor before starting or phone-nurse corresponding to your medical records.




It works! I haven't had a leg cramp since I was a senior in high school.  That's 7 years and that's no lie!  I know it's because of Yoga and because I've committed to drinking more water.  Not to mention the benefit of not having to worry about having a hunchback as I get wiser(older).  I hope that when I get old I can still wrestle my younger brothers or snatch them into a choke-hold.  JK, sort of.

Tratalo! Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...