Feb 20, 2014

I belong, my belief │ Mormonism: A Christ-Centered, Global Faith




Here is a small glimpse into the religion I live by each day. I am proud and blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ  of Latter-day Saints, most commonly known as Mormons. I love living it, participating, and teaching it in my life and family. I am glad I have had many choices to make in my life based on what most people call a "gut" feeling, and in my experience I have learned that decisions need more than a whimsical answer, decisions are choices guided by faith and hope. In many ways my religion may seem very extended and too large at first glance, but it is perfectly organized and every member is an integral part of a larger family and can feel it every time we attend Sunday services for 3 hours, participate in weekday enriching activities, and commit to serving in the workings of this religion without monetary.  We are encouraged to be self-reliant, educated, and charitable. I have tried and proven what my religion has written of and I know it all to be true, inspired, and beautiful. I wish I could help everyone see how wonderful life really is through a more eternal perspective, and how trials really do make us stronger, and that suffering is a part of life, but happiness is the purpose of our creation. In my life, I would be in a very different circumstance than I am now, had I never had this gospel in it, and for it I am and forever will be grateful. Whatever storm life has thrown my way I have lived through and become stronger for it, whatever plan lies ahead for me I do not know. but I know that if I keep relying on God for strength and guidance that everything will be okay and for my good. I am so blessed to be a mother, wife, and individual that can be guided by principles that Christ himself taught while being enlightened by modern-day prophets that shed light on modern-day trials to give me hope, peace, and a relief I can find nowhere else. I am Mormon because I want to be. I was not born into this, persuaded into this, nor inherited it by tradition, and I am happy for it.  I am blessed beyond mine own comprehension and for that I know that God lives and loves me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...